Yesterday morning, West Coast rapper and producer Warren G stopped by Hot 97's Ebro In The Morning show to discuss his latest album, the early stages of his music career, Dr. Dre, and his late rap partner Nate Dogg. Take a look at the 11 facts we learned about the Long Beach rapper below:
1. Warren G stated that his fans wanted him to bring the G-funk back in his music. This led to the release of Regulate... G Funk Era, Pt. II, which features Nate Dogg on every track other than the intro.
2. Trying to avoid somber songs about Nate Dogg, Warren featured his late friend on upbeat tracks to keep his legacy strong.
3. According to Warren, today's artists "don't know what to do" in the studio. Nate Dogg never had that problem.
4. Warren didn't know that Dr. Dre was releasing his Compton album until days before it was released, which happened to be one day after Warren's EP.
5. Before he was a known artist, Warren was featured on N.W.A's second and final album, Niggaz4Life, on the "1-900-2-Compton" interlude.
6. The L.B.C. rapper hasn't released a project since his independent 2009 album, titled The G Files.
7. Warren is a father of six children, four boys and two girls.
8. According to Warren, Dr. Dre finally took him seriously as an artist after Warren debuted his music at a bachelor party of one of Dre's friends. This took place around late 1989-early 1990.
9. Dr. Dre taught Warren G how to produce. Warren G taught Daz Dillinger how to produce.
10. Snoop and Kurupt used to battle each other back in the day.
11. Warren G contributed many of his talents and ideas to Dr. Dre's classic debut album The Chronic.
For more music, news, videos, and tour dates from Warren G, visit his Zumic artist page.
Source: HOT 97 YouTube Channel