Method Man stopped by Hot 97 this morning to chat with Ebro In The Morning about a wide variety of topics, including the 88-year wait for Once Upon A Time In Shaolin, his children, his new movie with Adam Sandler, Eric Garner, and much more. We broke down the 20 most important things we learned from the interview below.
1. Method Man is in a movie with Adam Sandler called The Cobbler. It hits theaters tomorrow, March 13, 2015.
2. Method Man is taking a break from music this summer to focus on acting.
3. Method Man doesn't want to be financially dependent on performing concerts when he's 50 years old. He said a show here and there will be cool when he wants to, but he doesn't want to have to.
4. Method Man named his youngest son Raekwon after his fellow member of the Wu, Raekwon "The Chef."
5. Method Man played 4 years of Lacrosse and 5 years of football as a kid. Apparently he was quite the athlete.
6. Method Man was misinformed about the Wu-Tang Clan Once Upon A Time In Shaolin 88 years business. He was told by his interviewer Miranda Johnson at XXL that nobody would be able to hear the album for 88 years. This is incorrect, and he felt like XXL was "tacky" and "tasteless" in the way they twisted his words against the Wu.
7. Method Man doesn't like Cilvaringz, the producer of Once Upon A Time In Shaolin. He said, angrily, that he can't "fuckin' stand this dude, Cilvaringz." He also said that any confusion was not RZA's fault.
8. Whoever purchases Once Upon A Time In Shaolin can't mass produce it, upload it, etc. for 88 years. He can play it for whoever he wants, but can not commercially mass produce it.
9. Method Man isn't too fond about the B-list Wu-Tang affiliates using the Wu-Tang name for fame. Especially the guy who cut off his own dick.
10. Method Man doesn't smoke on the set of movies. This started back when he was filming How High.
11. Method Man also doesn't smoke in the morning because he gets nauseous.
12. Method Man loves Game of Thrones. He'll be on the upcoming Catch The Throne, Vol. 2 mixtape.
13. Method Man said there was never any beef between himself and Notorious B.I.G., despite the rumors.
14. Mos Def is definitely not banned from the US, despite the rumors.
15. Raekwon and Ghostface Killah went to the Bahamas for "like two weeks" before they recorded Only Built 4 Cuban Linx.
16. Method Man was making drug deals during an early photo shoot with The Source. He also said he missed the block when he first started touring.
17. Method Man doesn't own a car. He said, "To hell with it" after his got stolen. His wife has a car, though.
18. Lil Cease said Method Man was Notorious B.I.G.'s favorite rapper.
19. Method Man was out in California for a while during the East Coast / West Coast beef of the '90s. He tells a really great story about being at an event at the House of Blues while the Bad Boy / Death Row beef was going down. You can tune in to that at 22:25.
20. Method Man lived in the neighborhood where Eric Garner was murdered. He discusses the case in length at 36:55.
In addition to this interview, Method Man stopped by Huffington Post yesterday as well to speak on similar topics in shorter length.
For Method Man’s latest music, news, and tour dates, check out his Zumic artist page.
Source: Hot 97 YouTube