DMX Never Confirmed George Zimmerman Boxing Match; Promotor Says Fight Is Off

Zumic Staff

by Zumic Staff

Published February 09, 2014


It was all too good to be true. The much talked about fight between DMX and Florida man George Zimmerman has been called off. DMX and his camp say that he never officially signed on for the match, but celebrity boxing promotor Damon Feldman broke the news of the cancelation in a series of Tweets.

Feldman spoke to Rolling Stone about his decision:

"Zimmerman was the wrong person to have in this. I looked into the eyes of my son and daughter today and couldn't imagine someone killing them and getting off scot-free. It just really hurt. It was a tough decision because I could have made two million dollars here, but at least I have my dignity. I'm happy. Thank you."

While Damon Feldman maintains that it was his decision to cancel the fight, DMX's publicist said, "As previously stated, DMX never agreed to the fight and we thank you for all of the support from DMX's fans. This situation will not affect any of DMX's upcoming concerts in America or around the world."

Prior to this announcement, DMX stated that if he were to fight Zimmerman, he would "gladly beat the shit out of him," but all the money Zimmerman would stand to make from the match would have to be donated to charity. Watch the full interview with DMX below.

Source: Rolling Stone

Hip Hop Legal Miscellaneous Sports and Games DMX Florida South Carolina Yonkers, NY
Send Feedback

Hand-Picked Music for Your Taste

Follow artists, discover new music, and personalize your music experience.
Registration and login will only work if you allow cookies. Please check your settings and try again.

Web Analytics