KFVS News out of Indiana are reporting that rap trio Migos walked out of their scheduled gig at the Coliseum in Evansville without performing, but still took money from concert promoter 41 South for the engagement. According to the report, "The victims say, when they tried to stop the group, the band pointed two rifles at them."
The amount that Migos took is said to be $21,000 total, which includes $11,000 pre-payment and $10,000 cash on the night in question, which was Sunday, August 31st. At this time, no arrests have been made. Here is the official promotional flyer for the event:
Gangster rap has become a cultural force and a major part of popular entertainment, but this would be way over the line for the troubled group and part of a string of questionable behavior that's surrounded them. Later on that same night, Migos got into a brawl on stage during a show in Nashville after a member of the audience allegedly tried to snatch a chain. The fight and aftermath have been documented on video and instagram.
The group was also involved in a shoot-out in Miami earlier this year.
UPDATE, 9.5.2014 5:53 PM: I spoke with Prentis Kelly from 41 South and he told me that Migos did take the stage and perform shortly at the Evansville Coliseum, but they were lip-syncing and not doing the full concert that was expected. There was an argument between Migos and the concert organizers, which ended when Migos' bodyguards flashed their weapons. Afterward, 41 South filed a complaint with the police accusing Migos of fraud for not holding up their end of the performance contract.
UPDATE, 9.7.2014 12:20 PM: 41 South says there is a video of the incident clocking in at around 20 minutes. TMZ is supposedly in talks to acquire the video.
For the latest on Migos, check out their Zumic artist page.