Spotify has revealed the top ten "guilty pleasure" tunes that the good folks over in the United Kingdom stream the most. To execute the study, Spotify read through 120,000 playlists named "Guilty Pleasures." Angela Watts, Spotify's VP of Global Communications, said, "We're often guilty of reeling off the coolest tracks when quizzed on our musical tastes, so it's brilliant to see that as a nation, we've still got time for a little cheese in our lives." The streaming service compiled a playlist of the catchy songs, which you can check out above.
"Mambo No. 5" by friend of Zumic Lou Bega, came in first. Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" was the only song in the top ten that came out in this decade.
Spotify also provided the top-five for each men and women. Interestingly, men listened to Jepsen's hit more than any of the other guilty pleasure tracks. Women's top guilty pleasure listen was One Direction's pop-ode "What Makes You Beautiful." Be sure to check out the three lists below.
Most Listened to Guilty Pleasures On Spotify
1. "Mambo No. 5" - Lou Bega
2. "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" - Wham!
3. "My Sharona" - The Knack
4. "Don't Stop Believin'" - Journey
5. "Cotton Eye Joe" - Rednex
6. "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" - Dead Or Alive
7. "Who Let The Dogs Out"- Baha Men
8. "Never Gonna Give You Up" - Rick Astley
9. "U Can't Touch This" - MC Hammer
10. "Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen
Most Listened to Guilty Pleasures On Spotify By Men
1. "What Makes You Beautiful" - One Direction
2. "Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen
3. "I Want It That Way" - Backstreet Boys
4. "Wannabe" - Spice Girls
5. "Wrecking Ball" - Miley Cyrus
Most Listened to Guilty Pleasures On Spotify By Women
1. "Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen
2. "I Want it That Way" - Backstreet Boys
3. "Don't Stop Believin'" - Journey
4. "Toxic" - Britney Spears
5. "Wannabe" - Spice Girls